TERMS AND CONDITIONS
DHL Surf Life Saving – Words that Could Save a Life
1. Information on how to enter and the prize forms part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is only open to individuals in New Zealand that register via DHLwordsthatcouldsavealife.co.nz. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter, participating retailers and agencies associated with this Promotion are ineligible to enter. Participants are eligible to enter multiple times.
3. Promotion commences at 11am (NZST) on 12/11/2020 and final entries close at 3.00pm (NZST) on 15/01/2021 (“Promotional Period”). No further entries will be accepted after closing. DHL reserves the right to extend or terminate the competition for any reason.
4. To be eligible to enter, Relevant Persons need to submit an entry as follows or in such other form as the Promoter expressly consents to in writing (Eligible Entry):
o Go to DHLwordsthatcouldsaveyourlife.co.nz;
o unjumble words in a sentence to find the hidden safety messages
o Successfully move up through all 10 levels
o Submit their details on the online entry form;
o Share the challenge on social media with their friends and family
o and comply with any additional instructions for entry at DHLwordsthatcouldsaveyourlife.co.nz
Subject to complying with the above, the Relevant Persons will go into the draw to win an instant prize.
5. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any if an authorised representative submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions or tampers with the entry process. Errors and omissions may be accepted at the Promoter’s discretion. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
6. Incomplete or indecipherable entries will be deemed invalid.
7. Instant Prize
DHL X SLS NZ Bucket Hat
The instant prize draw will take place at DHL Express, 16 Laurence Stevens Drive, Auckland Airport, AKL 2022 New Zealand on 15 January, 2021. The winners will be notified in writing via email within (2) business days of the Draw Date. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. There is a limit of  hats to be won.
8. To win the prize you must be at least 18 years of age. In the event the Winner or Winner’s companion is under the age of 18, a nominated parent/legal guardian of such person will be required to sign the legal documentation required under this clause on their behalf.
9. Authorised individuals who enter the Promotion, consent to the Promoter using their name, likeness, image and/or voice in the event they are a winner (including photograph, film and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Promotion (including any outcome), and promoting any products manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
10. Without limiting DHL’s rights under clause 3, if this Promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, including but not limited to technical difficulties, unauthorised intervention or fraud, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law: (a) to disqualify any authorised representative; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Promotion, as appropriate.
11. Any cost associated with accessing the promotional website is the individual’s responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
12. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Competition and Consumer Law Act 2010 (Cth), or Consumer Guarantees Act 1993 (NZ), or Fair Trading Act 1986 (NZ), as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the State and Territories of New Zealand, to the extent that these cannot by law be limited, excluded or modified (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
13. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or Prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter); (d) any variation in Prize value to that stated in these Terms and Conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by an Eligible Business; (f)use of the Prize or (g) any other circumstance or matter connected with the Promotion. Participation in the Promotion is voluntary and free of charge, and is at the risk of the participants.
14. The Promoter collects personal information of authorised representatives in order to conduct the Promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, Prize suppliers and, as required, to New Zealand regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this information. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the authorised representative. A request to opt out, access, update or correct any personal information held by DHL in connection with this Promotion by an authorised representative of an Eligible Business, should be directed to the Promoter’s Privacy Officer, C/- The DHL Legal Department, 1460. PO Box 13509, Onehunga 1643, Auckland, New Zealand
15. All entries become the property of the Promoter.
16. The Promoter is DHL Express (New Zealand) Limited CN89145.
© 2020 DHL Express (New Zealand) Limited. All rights reserved